Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A great way to celebrate life

A few weeks ago I mentioned that my mom's side of the family was getting together to say a final goodbye to my Grandma and Grandpa.  I looked and looked for something to read and could not do anything that was good enough for them.  Nothing I read was right... until about 30 minutes before we got there.  I was reading through things on my phone and finally found the perfect thing to share.

I was the only one of the grandkids to read/share anything, but I'm so glad I did...

Borrowed from my cousin

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because  you have lived.  This is to have succeeded.     ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

After our time at the cemetery, we went back to my aunt and uncle's house and ate, and laughed and just spent time together... it was a great way to honor our family.

My cousin and his wife also announced at their baby shower on Sunday that their son's middle name would be Elliott... what a great tribute.

Grandma and Grandpa, you are missed...

No comments:

Post a Comment