Thursday, June 28, 2012

A final goodbye

It has been almost a year ago since my Grandmother, the last of my grandparents, passed away.  It was sudden and unexpected and extremely hard on the whole family.  It has been an exceptionally hard year on my mom, who was the executor of her will and who lead her 6 brothers and sisters through each step of the process.

On Sunday, we will bury the ashes of my Grandma and Grandpa (who died in March 2009) and say one last goodbye to them.  It will be a small gathering... well, as small as our family gets... just their kids, grandkids and great grandkids.  There won't be anyone officiating or giving a service... it will just be us, sharing memories or poems or whatever we want.

I don't have any digital photos of my Grandpa, but here are a few of my favorite picture of my grandmother...

Three generations

Bridal brunch before the wedding

Dancing with my cousin, Mark, at his wedding

With some of her granddaughters at Mark's wedding

Playing cards - a family tradition
I don't know what I'm going to say/read yet... I know... I'm running out of time, but when I find it I'll know!

No comments:

Post a Comment