Thursday, July 19, 2012

OOO... AHHH... A New Blog Header

I have always admired the blog headers that I see on other blogs.  Mine was SUPER boring and I've always wanted to change it but I just wasn't sure how!  Well, Google is always a good start, and I found a REALLY great tutorial on an EASY way to create a blog header here on Blissfully Domestic, and off I went!!!

It is by no means perfect, and there are still things I'd like to change about it, but it's an improvement and it really was an easy process, all on Picasa which is a great option for those of you who want to do this, but don't know how to use Photoshop.

My tip for you... keep the height of it short... my first attempt was too tall and took over the whole space "above the fold".  Nerd Moment... I know, that's a newspaper term, so I googled what the electronic version of the term is... good new for me, same term!  Here is the first version I made


My next planned venture... A BLOG BUTTON!!!  I think I'll give myself a little break before I start on that project  :)

So, what do you think?
For those of you who are bloggers, how did you create your header?

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for posting this. I also want to change my header! I love your header, also your first attempt!

    ReplyDelete