Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Memorial Day!!!  I'm working today, but I hope you are all enjoying an extra day off!

We had a busy, and very productive weekend!!  It was wonderful and I wish every weekend could be such a good mix of relaxing and working.

We got up on Saturday and made breakfast and relaxed until a little after noon.  Then we started our shopping mission.  I had a lot of stuff on my list, but we got in and out of most of the stores pretty quickly.

We started at Hobby Lobby because I wanted to go look for some stuff to fill up those shelves in the bathroom.  Although it felt like our basket was full of stuff, it turned out to be more of a good start than a finished product.  The best part, though, is that we didn't spend more than $4 on any item thanks to the 50%-60% sales at Hobby Lobby.  Here's what we've got so far... what do you think?


We went to Target and a couple other craft stores so I could get the stuff I needed for the baby shower gift I was making for my cousin.  We also went to a few different stores looking for the yellow sandals I need to wear with a dress to the wedding we are going to next weekend.  That was unsuccessful, BUT we were at Kohl's and I found myself a new bag for work!


I'm seriously the pickiest person ever when it comes to work bags.  They have to have a zipper, they have to have flat straps, they have to have pockets on the inside and they have to be $40 or less.  I am really rough on my work bags and they get  beat up pretty quickly so I don't like to spend a lot on them.  I have been looking for a new bag for over a year now, and I am so excited about this one!!!

We made one more stop at Lowe's and bought some flowers to replace the dead ones in my tilted flower pots.  I also wanted to plant some hydrangeas in a random little circle plant bed that we have in the back, so we grabbed those while we were there.

We had some people over on Saturday night to help us drink the beer we had left from the Cinco de Drinko party, so we spent the evening on the back deck and around the fire pit.

We got up on Sunday and I had to run a few more errands and then we went outside and started working.  I put the new flowers in the tilted pots while J got the circle in the back ready to put new stuff in.  When I was done with the pots in the front, we got the hydrangeas planted and made sure everything got a drink...


I don't know what kind of flowers these are, but they're pretty!

This is really ground cover, so it may look small now, but it will spread out.
Our new hydrangea bed... now they just have to grow!

Once we were done with the flowers, we went and washed our cars and that added up to more than enough time in the heat, so we went home and showered and it was craft time for me!  We also watched the Indy 500 at 7 pm, which is when people who live within 100 miles of Indy finally get to see it.  It's seriously the only major sporting event that still blacks out to the local market.

Thanks to J's help on the paper cutter, I got the invitations to my cousin's bridal shower done... they made their way to the post office tonight so they will go out tomorrow! 

Once I got those done, I will still in craft mode so I started on the baby gift.  I totally planned on taking pictures and making a "how to" on this project, but I got in the zone and before I knew it, it was done!


I'll see if I can figure out how to take some pieces out without taking it apart, so I can do a quick tutorial on it sometime this week.

Overall, I had a pretty productive weekend!  I'm working today, but taking Friday off so we can go down to Texas for a wedding so I'll still have a short week/long weekend.

How did you spend your long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment