Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Recap

I'm feeling extra lazy to start the week, which is pretty ridiculous because I didn't do a whole lot this weekend.

I had to get some more yarn for a baby blanket that I'm crocheting, but we went to Hobby Lobby (which is closer than Michael's and Joann's) and they didn't have the right yarn.  We did explore the store for a good amount of time and look at some of their decorative "stuff".

We have these shelves in our half bathroom, and J is tired of them being empty.


I'd like to put something on them, too... I just can't commit to anything because I don't know where to start!

One of the semi-DIYs in our house is the mirror that is in that same half bath.  It was my Grandma's and it was GOLD.  I decided I wanted it and when I got it, I painted it a burnt orange-ish color.  The accents in the bathroom (light fixture that you can't see and the towel ring that you can see in this pic) are obviously a dark metal, and if/when we do an update in this bathroom, we'll put in a pedestal sink with the dark metal faucet.  So I feel like the "theme" of the bathroom is "vintage" if I had to label it.


WHAT SHOULD I PUT ON THOSE SHELVES?!?!?

So, we walked around Hobby Lobby and didn't buy anything, despite some really cool stuff being 66% off. Then we walked next door to Kroger and looked at their flowers.  Some of the stuff we planted is not doing well, so we are going to need to replace it... it makes me sad every time I see it.

We decided we'd wait until next weekend when there will probably be Memorial Day sales.

Saturday night we went out for a friend's Birthday.  It was so fun and we went to fun places in Bloomington that I'd never been... martini anyone??


Sunday brought a lot of sleeping in (I have no idea when the last time was that I was out so late), a lot of time on the couch and a lot of Harry Potter on ABC Family.  It was a good Sunday for my level of energy, but it pretty much felt like we wasted the weekend.

Maybe that means next weekend will be more productive!!!

Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment