Friday, March 16, 2012

March Madness

I live for this weekend. What could be better than a weekend full of basketball and the belief that anyone can beat anyone on a given day. I played basketball in high school and intramural basketball in college and grad school. I grew up with a father who was a referee and even had a few years of reffing on my resume, so basketball is a big part of my life.

After a terrible 6 mile run this afternoon, I have retired to the couch, where I plan to stay (maybe even over night) through the day Saturday. Outside of another run that I have to get in on Sunday, I'll be on the couch on that day, too.

It's not even the end of the second round (formerly known as the first round, before the play in games came along) and already 2 of my 3 brackets are DONE... WTF Mizzou?

Also, my Longhorns played a dreadful game this afternoon and are already out.

So now, I have one team left to cheer for... who knew, after so many rough years, that the Indiana Hoosiers would be a 4 seed for their return to the NCAA tournament?

I hope you can enjoy some March Madness this weekend... even if you are not a big fan of basketball, it is a great weekend for the underdog.

GO HOOSIERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment