Monday, June 03, 2013

A Bittersweet Goodbye

My cousin came to visit this past weekend, and although I loved having her here and we had so much fun, it was for a sad reason... she's moving and she will be gone when I get back from Greece.  The last time she and I moved away from each other, we got a matching tattoo...

Excuse this lame photo - I realized I don't have any pictures of it.


It means confidence, and at the time, and at the time, we were both starting a new chapter in our lives and we needed to remind ourselves that confidence was going to get us through the times that we though were too hard to get through.

So, we were sitting on the deck on Saturday night and we were telling a couple of my friends the story, and I told her that her move to Arizona may be a good reason to stick to the tradition and go get another tattoo.  She agreed (I now have 3 and she now has 6 - it didn't take much convincing) and we started googling... we found a couple of tattoo parlors that were open on Sunday and we looked for something that we thought was appropriate.

Well, after some edits to our original ideas, this is what we settled on...


Again, I know the picture is bad... it's hard to take a picture of your own ankles.  We are so happy with how it turned out (hers is the same as mine) and really had a great experience at Little Blues Tattoos!

She is more than just a cousin to me - she is like a sister and although I don't see her that often, I'm going to miss our time at the lake this summer, and I'm going to miss her stopping by my mom and dad's house when I'm in town to play games.  I'm so excited for her and her husband to experience a new state and start their next chapter together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment