Friday, May 24, 2013

5 wonderful years!

5 years ago, a boy picked me up for a date... a date that he planned.  We start at the Dallas Aquarium and for those of you who don't know me, I love animals so this was right in my wheelhouse.  We then went to a wine bar and drank wine, and had dinner and talked for hours.


It was the best first date I've ever had, and because of that, I decided that I wanted to keep this boy around.  Not too long after that, I decided that I loved this boy and that I definitely wanted to hang on to him.  When I got an opportunity for a promotion at work, this boy, who had become my boyfriend, encouraged me to take the job, and told me that he would stay in Texas if that's what was best for me.  That summer, we moved in together.

The following December, that boy asked me if I'd like to spend the rest of my life with him, to which I joyfully agreed...


...and a year and a half later, we made it official.

5 years ago, I went on a date with a boy and that date changed my life for the better...

No comments:

Post a Comment