Friday, June 07, 2013

Greetings from Greece!!

Yes, I am actually writing this from our hotel in Athens. It's 5:15pm on Friday here, which means it's 10:15 am in the Eastern Time Zone. We arrived this morning around 10 am after a long and mostly sleepless 21 hours of travel from when we left indiana to get to Chicago, O'Hare to JFK and a 9 hour flight from there to Athens.

So, even though it's not quite 6pm yet, I'm going to go to bed as soon as I publish this post. I had no idea that we would have free wifi in the hotel and while this will probably be my only post from Greece, it does mean I can text and face time with J for a few days before we get on the cruise. I miss him so much already, but getting to see his face will help.

Athens is not what I thought it would be. I guess I was assuming it would look a lot more like an American capital city - big buildings and whatnot, but its not. It's old and the tall buildings aren't really that tall. Actual sight seeing starts tomorrow morning so I'm sure ill see another side of the city then.

Sweet dreams everyone! I won be around for the next week, but will have greatness to share upon my return. I'm sure of it!! Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment