Monday, September 10, 2012

Well Hello There September!

After spending most of my time on the couch this weekend, trying to recover from whatever it is going on in my sinuses, I got the strength to get my computer out and write my first legit blog of the month.

I can't believe it's September and we have a LOT of stuff coming up in the next couple of months, so I'll delay the Labor Day trip recap a little longer and share the things that I'm looking forward to in the next 6-7 weeks!

I have a lot of work this week... I'll be there late Tuesday and I'm on call next weekend (good time to get some crafts done), but I plan on taking advantage of some flexibility in my schedule and sleep in this week so I'm not exhausted again by the end of the coming week.

J and I took some days off the following week.  We are going up to the lake for our last trip of the "summer", and just taking a couple of days to relax and hang out with each other!  Then we will head up to Michigan for a family gathering.  My uncle is an amazing artist, and has found a spot in the Art Prize weekend in Grand Rapids, MI so there are about 25 of us heading up there to see his art and to spend some quality time together.  We are actually planning to camp in my cousin's back yard, and so we ordered these...



They are only rated for 50 degrees, but I feel like I could wear some long sleeves and sweat pants and I'll be plenty warm... especially with that cozy hood  :)

The following weekend, J is going to meet a bunch of his friends in Wisconsin for Oktoberfest so I'll be left here to play Glee Karaoke on Wii fend for myself.  I also have a very special Birthday party to go to... our friends from work have a little boy who will be turning 1... and I get to take pictures  :)

The following weekend is my cousins wedding... SOOOO excited, so I'll have a short with that week, too.  I can't wait for their wedding day... I know she is so excited for it to be here, and I'm so honored to stand beside her on her special day as she did for me!  I may need to write a speech for this...

We have a weekend "free" (although I wish we were going to Texas that weekend for the Texas/OU game) and then the following week we are going to see Chicago (the musical, not the city this time) and then my mom and aunt will be here the weekend after that for a visit and to celebrate my mom's Birthday!

To round out the month of October, I'll be heading up to Detroit to present at a conference.  I'm feeling exceptionally special about this because they actually contacted me to ask me to present, are paying for me to fly up there, and taking care of all of my accommodations.  It makes me feel so fancy!!

So, as you can see, our next couple of months will be very busy, but hopefully that also means I have a lot to blog about!

What do you have on your agenda to kick off the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment