Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where for Art Thou Summer?

We have survived Little 500 weekend... for those of you who don't know what that is, you can Google "Greatest College Weekend" and learn all about it.  There were apparently a record number of arrests/citations this weekend, but for those of us who did not join in to the festivities, it really just meant a quiet weekend at the mall and a quiet weekend on the trails here in Bloomington.

I'm officially 2 weeks from my half marathon, and completed my last long run on Saturday (11.6 miles).  I have a couple more six mile runs and then a couple of short runs the week before the race, and then it will be here.  The end of my run proved to be VERY painful for my joints, but I'm hoping water and Gatorade stations along the way will keep my knees and hips from feeling like they are giving up.

2 weeks from now also marks another joyous occasion for me... SUMMER!!  There are so many anniversaries coming up in the next few months, and although last summer seems like FOREVER ago, the last few months have COMPLETELY flown by.

Although I've heard that there will be record summer enrollment this summer, I'm still looking forward to a break from the students.  I am really looking forward to some vacation time, some time at the lake and a chance to explore Bloomington.

Between now and then I have the week from hell, followed by the students' week from hell.  If I can make it through this week and get some sleep next weekend, I should be ready to feel empathetic for them as they take their finals.

I can also assure you that once summer comes along, I'm going to have more time and energy to blog.  I have so much to talk about and show, and so much coming up this summer... I just need to make myself a list, take some pictures and get on here and get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment