Wednesday, February 01, 2012

MRI

I got a call from the doctor yesterday and they said that my x-ray did not show any stress fractures, but did show possible signs of impingement which basically means that the hip is not hinging correctly because of wear on the ball and socket joint.

SO, they order went in today for me to have an MRI.  The doctor wanted it done STAT, so I went in this evening to do the MRI.  Hopefully this means that by the end of this week or early next week, I'll have some answers on what the next step should be in my treatment.

I am just not sure what type of therapy can be done to change this feeling... possibly some hip strengthening exercises, but I've been running somewhere between 4-6 miles for over a month now, so it's hard for me to believe my hips are weak.

Maybe this is from all of my years as a catcher on my softball team and the fact that the only other two sports I played (volleyball and basketball) both require prolonged hip flexion.

They sent me home with the CD with my MRI images on it, so maybe that also means that I can schedule a follow up with my doctor fairly soon... more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment