Friday, September 16, 2011

Product Review - Pictures on Canvas

One of my most favorite things is finding cool ways to display pictures.  One of my current favorites is putting pictures on canvases, of all sizes!

I was recently emailed by pictures on canvas and had the chance to order a canvas so I could tell you all about my experience.  I must say, it was a great one!


You start by picking the size of the canvas.  They have standard options that range from 8 x 8, up to 24 x 36, but you can also create a custom canvas size.  I went with an 11 x 14.


The next step is to pick your image.  I did have a couple challenges with this... the first one was that I had so many pictures to choose from (not a bad problem to have).  The only issue I really had with the site was that depending on the closeness of the picture as it was taken, it may not fit on the canvas size you choose.  It may have been something that could be fixed and I didn't know how.  You can choose how the picture is oriented on the canvas and also edit which part of the picture is seen.


The next part has some options on the details of the canvas.  I chose to have colored sides, rather than stretching the photo and I love them.  I took a stab in the dark and hoped that the color I chose would work with the new paint on our walls and I think it will look great.


Finally, you decide if you want to make any edits to the photo itself.  You can make it sepia or black and white and you have the option to have them do some retouching on the photo.  Luckily, I was using a high quality photo that was already black and white so I didn't need to do any of these things.


I had my expedited, and I'm not sure how many days it took, exactly, but I know I was surprised to see it when it arrived so it must have been pretty quick  :-D


I absolutely love it.  The photo is so sharp and the definition is amazing.  I've seen a lot of canvases that have colors that get kind of mottled, but that is definitely not the case with pictures on canvas.  I would recommend them to anyone!


If you're interested, you can check out their website or their facebook page where you'll find coupons and special offers.  Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment