Saturday, May 31, 2014

Time for Some Changes

It's June 1 and it's spring in Michigan (with summer quickly approaching) - time for changes, and growth and new opportunities.

It's time for me to make some changes myself.  I've felt the urge lately to get back to blogging, and now that it's summer and my work life is a little slower, it seemed like the perfect time.

I've also felt an unusual urge to get back to blogging this week when I heard of Maya Angelou's passing.

Maya Angelou
www.mayaangelou.com
I haven't really been that in to poetry (in a general sense) since I was a hopeless, romantic high schooler with journals full of friendship and love poems/quotes, but I have always loved Maya Angelou.  Her words are so eloquent and powerful.

So I suppose you could say I've been re-inspired.  And as you can probably see, this inspiration has come with a new look, and a new name (a new www to come soon).  It's been almost a year since we moved to Michigan, and while it has not been an easy year and while it may not yet feel like "home" to me, things are heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment